Check out these great majors in MLCS
LATIN AMERICAN STUDIES
From introductory courses to intensive culture, literature and linguistic study, our strength is the teaching of cultural literacy. Click on the links under our "Undergraduate Programs" and learn about the variety of Undergraduate degree programs we offer in MLCS.
General Undergraduate questions can be directed to Marina Menze (MLCS Undergraduate Advisor).
TOP TEN REASONS TO STUDY ANOTHER LANGUAGE
10. Develop skills needed to be a global leader. Global leaders need cultural empathy. Check it out in the Harvard Business Review.
9. Stay sharp longer! Scientific studies have shown that learning another language may help to ward off the mental decline that comes with age.
8. Stay focused on what’s important. Bilingual people filter out background noise better.
7. Knowing another language improves critical decision-making and helps you make better decisions.
6. Speaking another language makes you smarter!
5. Prepare you for travel, work or study in another country.
4. Be ready to communicate with others in their language.
3. Study with professors whose research takes them around the world.
2. Exploring languages, literatures, folklores and cultures gives you a better perspective on your own.
1. HAVE FUN!!